II. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect both “Non-Personal Information” and “Personal Information” about you. “Non-Personal Information” includes information that cannot be used to personally identify you, such as anonymous usage data, general demographic information we may collect, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, preferences you submit and preferences that are generated based on the data you submit and number of clicks. “Personal Information” includes information that can be used to personally identify you, such as your name, address and email address. In addition, we may also track information provided to us by your browser or by our mobile application when you view or use the Service, such as the website you came from (known as the “referring URL”), the type of browser you use, the device from which you connected to the Service, the time and date of access, and other information that does not personally identify you. We use this information for, among other things, the operation of the Service, to maintain the quality of the Service, to provide general statistics regarding use of the Service and for other business purposes. We track this information using cookies, or small text files which include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to a user’s browser from our servers and are stored on the user’s computer hard drive. Sending a cookie to a user’s browser enables us to collect Non-Personal Information about that user and keep a record of the user’s preferences when utilizing our services, both on an individual and aggregate basis. The Company may use both persistent and session cookies; persistent cookies remain on your computer after you close your session and until you delete them, while session cookies expire when you close your browser. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your Internet browser help file directions. If you choose to disable cookies, some areas of the Service may not work properly.
III. HOW WE USE AND SHARE INFORMATION
In general, we do not sell, trade, rent or otherwise share your Personal Information with third parties without your consent. We may share your Personal Information with vendors and other third-party providers who are performing services for the Company. In general, the vendors and third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide for the Company. For example, when you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery, or return a purchase, you consent to our collecting and using such personal information for that specific purpose, including by transmitting such information to our vendors (and their service providers) performing these services for the Company. However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment processors, have their own privacy policies in respect of the information that we are required to provide to them in order to use their services. For these third-party service providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so that you can understand the manner in which your Personal Information will be handled by such providers. In addition, we may disclose your Personal Information if required to do so by law. We may share your personal information in other limited circumstances:
- when necessary to protect the safety, property, or other rights of Modero, our customers, our associates, or any other person, or where otherwise required or permitted by applicable law. Examples include protecting the health or safety of customers, or addressing crimes committed on Modero property.
- to third parties, including payment card processors and issuers for the purpose of detecting and preventing fraud on Modero properties (including our websites) and the properties of other merchants. This information may include your name and contact information, shipping information, information collected from your computer or device such as an IP address or device ID, and information about your purchase.
- in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order (which may include lawful access by Canadian, US or other foreign governmental authorities, courts or law enforcement agencies); and
- to other organizations when investigating a breach of an agreement or law or detecting, suppressing or preventing fraud, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable Canadian, US or other law.
IV. HOW WE PROTECT INFORMATION
Modero is committed to keeping your personal information secure. When you are shopping online, in our stores, we use reasonable security measures to protect your personal information.
- We implement appropriate measures and take steps to protect personal information against loss and theft as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, and modification using security safeguards, including physical, administrative, organizational and technological measures, appropriate for the sensitivity of your personal information.
- We comply with industry standards that require safeguards for handling and securing customer information. These include using secure networks, encryption or other protection of cardholder data, physical and technical access controls, monitoring and testing of security systems, and implementation of the information security policies. Modero associates who have access to your personal information are made aware of the importance of keeping it confidential.
- When disposed of, the information is securely shredded, destroyed, erased, or otherwise made unreadable.
Please be aware that no security measures can guarantee complete security. You should also take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your login credentials private.
V. YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING THE USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
VII. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
VIII. AGE OF CONSENT
By using the Service, you represent that you are at least 18 years of age.
X. MERGER OR ACQUISITION
XI. EMAIL COMMUNICATIONS amp; OPTING OUT
We will send you Service-related announcements on occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our Service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, or a new enhancement is released, which will affect the way you use our Service, we might send you an email. Generally, you may not opt-out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature. Based upon the Personal Information that you provide us, we may communicate with you in response to your inquiries to provide the services you request and to manage your account. We will communicate with you by email or telephone, in accordance with your wishes. We may also use your Personal Information to send you updates and other promotional communications. If you no longer wish to receive those email updates, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each update or communication.
By partnering with the Company, you agree to have your basic personal and/or business information stored in a secure database where the Company may access the information to contact you for business-related matters. This information shall never be disclosed to third-parties unless required by law. The Company retains the right to refuse any applicant with or without reason. If your application is refused, your information will be immediately deleted and not stored. Partnering with the Company means that you agree and will abide by the contract provided to and signed by you. Upon signing of the contract, both the Company and the signee shall enter a partnership agreement in which an agreed upon commission will apply to all products sold on the Company's platform on behalf of the signee. The Company retains the right to select which products to sell on behalf of the artist which align with its interests, themes, styles, and policies. All partners have the right to accept or refuse to have brief descriptions of themselves, their businesses, or their products listed on the Company's website. The purpose of this is to provide credit to the creator and make it easier for customers to shop by brand or partner. If at any point the signee wishes to terminate the contract with the Company, all products, listing information, and public partnership information will be permanently erased from the platform.
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current Canadian Law.
- Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Company to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
This Website may place the following Cookies:
Type of Cookie
Strictly necessary cookies
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalization settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
XIV. CONTACT US &; WITHDRAWING CONSENT
Have more questions?
If you have more questions regarding the above please reach out to us via our contact form for further details and assistance. You can also reach out to us by phone or on Facebook.